Sunday, July 22, 2012


Wonderful New Book!


As Noted on Wednesday July 18, 2012 12:51 PM at
http://www.newsday.com/opinion/walt-handelsman-1.812005


A few months ago I had the pleasure of spending some time in my Newsday office with a talented 26-year-old artist from Massapequa named Michael Werner. We chatted about cartooning and animation while looking over some of his work. His drawings were filled with colorful, fun, lively characters. Michael beamed with excitement as we explored possible venues for his work.

Michael said he was thinking about doing a cartoon book on a topic very special to him: the challenge of growing up with a form of autism called Asperger's syndrome.

Last week Michael contacted me to ask for my mailing address. He had finished the book! When a copy arrived at my office I was simply blown away! Michael's book, “Aspey's Adventures with Asperger's,” is a 29-page hardcover, full-color cartoon story about Aspey the dinosaur, his friends and his challenges with Asperger's Syndrome.
It is at once touching, uplifting and just plain fun to look at.

I have had lots of young folks visit my office over the years. Many have gone on to do great things with their talent. Michael has done something so special that I wanted all of you to know about him and his tremendous accomplishment.

Michael's book is self-published by Xlibris Corp. and is available here: http://bit.ly/NFucfw. In the next few months it should be available at several major booksellers as well as on the Kindle and Nook.
In addition to this tremendous accomplishment, Michael tells me that he was recently given an honorable mention by The Hollywood Book Festival and Contest! Wow again! Michael is also developing a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment